Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Be Careful What You Pray For...

Shortly after being kicked out of the house where I had been renting a room from a girl I met at church, my journal writes:

12 March, 2011
...I've really been longing for a husband lately.  I'm tired of trying to find a place I can call home.  I know there are challenges to being married, too, but I just don't feel right navigating life on my own.  Lord, satisfy my heart!
Through this difficult time, I had asked certain people to pray for me to find a place to live and a roommate...or a husband, I would say half jokingly.  Within a few weeks, here is what my journal said:

1 April, 2011
Dear Lord,
I've moved into my new condo...with this move my eyes have opened to a potential husband.  I wasn't even thinking about Andrew in that way but after getting to know him as he's helped me move, I'm seeing his godly qualities. 
Fast forward to today, well, if you read my last post, you will know how the story ends.  Actually, it has yet to end.  This is all really just the beginning.  It just occurred to me a couple nights ago as I was discussing that old roommate situation with Andrew and his brother and sister when Andrew said, "well, now you have a permanent roommate" that I had actually prayed for either a roommate or (haha) a husband.  What do you know?  I got the husband!

So, even if you are only praying half seriously, know that God still hears you and you might just get what you asked for!

No comments:

Post a Comment